Monday, February 4, 2013

Makayla and the Orthodontist


Makayla went to see the orthodontist a few weeks ago and come to find out she doesn't need anything done with her jaw like her dentist recommended. I'm not sure if her dentist was trying to give his friend some business but I didn't go with the initial referral because it was out of network. I decided to go with someone else, closer to our home and who had better reviews.  They told me that Makayla will definitely need braces when she is like 10, 11 or 12 but her jaw is fine. The top part will definitely be over crowded so we talked about the next steps with that, she will either have spacers or can have two teeth removed to make room for everything else. She has 12 baby teeth left, 6 on the top and 6 on the bottom. 
 
I have been contemplating changing from her current pediatric dentist to the dentist that Dwight and I see.  After this incident it's a little more clear.
 


No comments:

Post a Comment