Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Baby Allie Update

I can't believe, only two more doctor's appointments left before Allie comes into our lives. My ultrasound this week confirmed that Allie is 7 pounds 9 ounces, I'm hoping they are off since I have two more weeks to go!  I doubled in weight from the previous weeks before, so far I've gained 19 pounds. Everything else is still going really well, her movements, heartbeat, the fluids, my blood pressure and sugars. My doctor checked my cervix and it's still way up there so she isn't concerned that I will be going early. I had a test for Group B Strep so I'm just waiting on the results from that. I tested positive with Makayla so they had to give me an antibiotic when I arrived in delivery. If I tested positive this time around it really doesn't matter since I will be having a scheduled c-section.

I think we are ready to go, as far as the arrival of Allie at the house. Clothes, bottles, pacifiers and toys have been washed and put away. Breast pump supplies have been purchased and washed. The only thing that I need to do is pack my suitcase for the hospital. We picked up some last minute things last weekend like breast pads and nursing tanks and bras.

Wow, this time has gone by so fast, I can't believe only a few more weeks to go. Makayla is definitely excited to meet her baby sister but I'm not sure if she is ready for all the changes. I guess only time will tell. I know she will be a great help and an awesome big sister!

No comments:

Post a Comment