Monday, February 4, 2013

Baby Allie Update


What's with the screen door you ask? Well, I got the idea from Makayla's best friend who has a screen door on her bedroom doorway. She has two cats and one dog, so to keep them out they put on a screen door. Now that she is older, she still has it but has it decorated cute with a curtain, doorbell, flowers, etc.
 
In our situation, Mister loves spending time in this room. He will hang out in the window and wait for me to come home from work. He will sleep in my rocking chair and we have found him a few times in Allie's crib. Now that our bedroom is in the basement, I didn't want to  have to worry about him jumping in the crib after she is born.  And too, I didn't want to shut the normal door because I wanted Allie to be able to sleep through anything. When Makayla was born, her room was in the loft that overlooked the living room and kitchen, that girl could sleep through anything! We could even run the vacuum cleaner by her crib and she wouldn't wake up. Now with the screen door installed, Mister is locked out and sounds will be able to go through.  Mister does not like this one bit! He sits outside the door and meows ... apparently he doesn't like change because he has issues with our ceiling fan too!
 
Since my last post I will have gone through 3 (including tomorrow) more bio physicals. Everything is right on track with Allie's growth, movement, fluids, etc. She was a rock star at her last ultrasound, completed her checklist in under 5 minutes ... normally it's 20 minutes. Blood pressure and sugars are still super. Last appointment I received my whooping cough vaccine, my doctor warned me that my arm would hurt for 4 days. She was right, I was in a lot of pain! Why do people want to touch your arm after you receive a shot? It never fails! Allie's head is down and at tomorrow's appointment they will check my cervix. 
 
Work paperwork has been completed for benefits and my leave. Tomorrow is also my work shower. Now, we are just counting down the days ....


No comments:

Post a Comment