Sunday, November 4, 2012

Parent/Teacher Conferences

We attended Makayla's parent/teacher conferences on Wednesday, her teachers had nothing but good things to say about her.
 
Makayla rated her own progress in 2nd grade
  • Math: Basic Facts - I'm not sure
  • Math: Word Station - I'm good at this
  • Math: Word Problems - I'm not so good
  • Reading: I'm good at this
  • Writing: Handwriting - I'm good at this
  • Writing: Writers Workshop - I'm good at this
  • I try my best every day - I'm good at this
  • I follow directions - I'm good at this
  • I am respectful to friends, teachers and clerks - I'm good at this
  • I am responsible with my homework, planner, desk and seatwork - I'm good at this
  • I am positive when I work hard, know when I make mistakes and encouraging others - I'm good at this
  • I am safe on the playground, in the hall, cafeteria and gym - I'm good at this
She participated in testing back in September that is designed to show academic progress made during a period of a year in the areas of mathematics and reading. In the MAP system, the difficulty of the test is adjusted to each child's individual performance. As the student answers correctly, the questions become more difficult. If the student answers incorrectly, the questions become easier.
 
In mathematics, Makayla scored 176: district average is 181 and her group average is 178
In reading, Makayla scored 177: district average is 177 and her group average is 176
 
We also got to finally see some of Makayla's stories, her teachers both told us that she loves to write fiction ... we already knew that!

No comments:

Post a Comment