Sunday, August 5, 2012

Big News

I have to apologize for the lack of blog posts. Since getting back from Texas, life has thrown us a few curve balls lately. I am a firm believer that everything happens for a reason but what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, right?

With a fresh new blog, here is a toast to new adventures! And to celebrate this first blog post, we would officially like to announce that we are expecting a baby on March 8, 2013.

So much for having PCOS! I was diagnosed with Polycystic Ovary Syndrome about 5 years ago through my family doctor. I won't go in to great detail on this condition, if you would like to read more click here. One of the problems with PCOS is fertility problems. It took us about 4 years to get pregnant with Makayla, that is why we call her a blessing. About a year after she was born we tried again but didn't have any luck. We eventually gave up and I went on birth control pills. Again, I will not go in to great detail, you know the end result ... another blessing!

Makayla, of course, is extremely excited. She has ALWAYS wanted to be a big sister and would ask us at least once a week about having another baby. She gave up when I told her the reason that we couldn't have anymore kids. That is when I found this note on her bed-side table. It reads:

Dear God,

Can you do me a favor? Is my dad's dad okay up there in heaven? If you were to bring him down here to see my dad it would make him so happy. One more thing. I really want a brother, can you make my mom have babies? Please write back.

Love, Makayla

How can that not make you cry? We have had fun going through all her baby tubs in storage this weekend and recalling all the things she did within her first year.

It took Dwight a little longer to wake up to the idea of having another baby. It was nice to find a card, a few days after we found out, on the kitchen counter that basically stated "You are not in this alone."

Me ... I'm doing great with the exception of  what my doctor keeps telling me, that I'm considered "old" now at age 35. Well, if my mom could have me when she was in her 40s I think I'll be okay!  Thankfully, not having morning sickness is a BIG PLUS ... something that is hereditary in our family.

My belly has popped out so I have already started whereing maternity clothes. Unfortunately, this time around, it's been harder to find clothes. Back then they had huge sections, now your lucky if you find a couple racks. I had an emotional breakdown in Kohls a few weeks ago, I guess I may need to do some online shopping ... at home ... where I can cry on my couch.

1 comment:

  1. Been there, done that on the maternity clothes. Luckily my sister-in-- law had some hand me downs.

    ReplyDelete