Saturday, August 25, 2012

Baby Swanson Update

I had a 12-week check-up yesterday with my OBGYN.  Because I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with Makayla, they tested me early this time around. An hour before my doctor's appointment I had to drink glucola, orange flavor. I should find out on Monday what the results are.

They drew blood to check the percentages of birth defects, etc. and I am waiting to hear back from the hospital regarding scheduling my level 2 ultrasound. The reason for the level 2 ultrasound is because of my age, there is a higher risk of birth defects. I am supposed to have this done within in the next few weeks. My doctor said that there is a good chance we could find out the baby's sex at this time ... stay tuned!

This is what that ultrasound will look like.
We had one done when we were pregnant with MK,
though we didn't get any pictures from that ultrasound.

I also received my flu shot and listened to the baby's heart beat for the first time. Nice and strong.

On Sunday I need to do a 24-hour urine collection. Apparently, they want to get a good reading of where my blood pressure is now and they can tell that from my urine, who knew! I will get to do another collection in my third trimester to see where I am.

Next scheduled appointment is in four weeks.

We have been talking about baby names and already have a girl's name picked out, which will be in memory of Alan, Dwight's dad. Can you guess what it would be?  Boy's names are a little harder, we haven't agreed on any and it was the same case when we were pregnant with Makayla.

Dwight surprised me by purchasing a crib this week. We had looked at them over the weekend since so many places had them on sale. Now, to clean out the craft room and get a fresh coat of paint on the wall.

I'm feeling great, still a little tired but if I can get a 20 minute nap in after work I'm usually good to go. My baby brain is getting worse by the day, I can't seem to remember anything these days ... but it's all for a good cause!

3 comments:

  1. I love the baby countdown at the top; but the letters needs to be in a darker color so I can see it better :-)

    I think I know the girls name. It was what I was going to name Jackie when she was born. I wanted to call her Allie (short for Allison). Am I right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Allison Sweeney was on Days of our Lives and I just love her....Still do. Love the name too. Jill Januszewski named her 3rd baby Allison and called her Allie.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Dee, you are very close ... in fact, we took part of something in your name ;)

    ReplyDelete