Sunday, September 8, 2013

What Have I Been Up To?




It seems like I haven't had a break to breathe since returning back to work from maternity leave. I've been so busy with work, I'm finding myself working from home in the evenings (when I can) and then going into work on the weekends. I have also fell back in love with photography. I haven't had a photo session since fall of last year and having Allie I wasn't sure how much time I would be able to devote to it. I've had two sessions so far within the last few weeks and a couple more booked. It's very exciting to get back out in the field again ... now, where do I find time to edit?

I also had been looking for a job closer to family in Texas but haven't had any luck. I have had a couple head hunters contact me from the Minneapolis area but didn't work out based on location. I don't want to drive more than an hour to work, it's bad enough with the snow in the winter it takes me 45 minutes. It's not that I don't like my job, I LOVE it. And after talking it over with Dwight, it looks like we will stay where we are. We're happy, we've made many friends over this past year. Even though I really wanted to move this time last year, it's almost a blessing in disguise really. 

Since we made that decision, we've decided to take the next step and buy a house.We are going to start to pack stuff away to make our townhome sellable and our goal is to put it up on the market in the spring. A big enough house for those family members ... especially those who work from home ... to stay with us for long periods of time! Oh, and those retired folks too! We sent our wish list to our Realtor so we are excited to begin the journey. We've been in our townhome for 10 years now and are finally running out of room. Makayla is excited for a yard, Mister is excited for lots of windows, Dwight is excited for a 3 car garage and I am excited for bringing groceries in from the garage right to the kitchen ... NO MORE STAIRS ... oh, and my craft room back.   

3 comments:

  1. Well this Texas person very much dislikes this post...even though there will be room in the new house for me to work when I visit. I'm very sad I won't get to see you more than our token once a year trip. I'm happy you are going to get a house, but sad we won't be living close.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, me too! I miss you guys so much!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Still very, very sad! What am I going to have to look forward to now?

    ReplyDelete