Saturday, January 12, 2013

Baby Allie Update



I had my first weekly biophysical appointment on Friday. I was surprised how things have changed from 8 years ago. When I was pregnant with Makayla, they hooked me up to these monitors that watched for her movement and contractions. With this appointment they did everything through the ultrasound.

Allie is now 4 pounds, with this pregnancy I have only gained 7.4 pounds. She is measuring right where she should be and everything else is looking great. The technician said she has long hair, it's amazing what they can tell from the ultrasound. My blood pressure is still great and so are my sugars. Hopefully things continue to go well and I'll be able to work right up to my scheduled c-section.

Dwight put the stroller together and Allie's bag is packed for the hospital. We picked up the crib mattress today and finally got her room in order. Finishing up washing the clothes that Jackie and Jonathan sent, along with Granny Kay's homemade sheets for the changing table mattress.  Now I'm slowing getting my stuff together for the hospital. I was able to purchase some nursing bras and tank tops and the next thing on the list is a breast pump. With changes to the health care reform, our insurance plan now covers breast pumps at 100%. My doctor wrote me a prescription so all I need to do is pick it up from the hospital pharmacy.

7 more weeks to go!!

No comments:

Post a Comment