Sunday, September 2, 2012

Baby Swanson Update

Last Friday I went in for my non-fasting glucose test and they called me on Tuesday with the results. My sugars were at 157 and with a non-fasting test they would like to see 130 or below. So, I had to schedule an appointment for a 3 1/2 hour glucose test at the hospital for this Wednesday. I'm not sure what to expect. When I was diagnosed with gestational diabetes when I was pregnant with Makayla, they made me skip the 3 1/2 hour test because my numbers were so high. Maybe there is hope but I highly doubt it.  It's been hard already trying to change my diet, the one thing that I have been craving is sweets!

My 24-hour urine collection came back normal. Thanks to Makayla for posting on all the bathroom doors "Pee In The Cup Mom!" She was a big help when I asked her to go get my pee bucket out of the fridge in the garage ... of course she thought it was gross and disgusting, I do have to agree with her there.

My level 2 ultrasound is scheduled for October and at that time we will be able to find out the sex of the baby a little earlier than normal... we are very excited! A few of my friends have already been talking about throwing me a shower, which is great because we have nothing. So, it looks like we will be able to register when we find out if we are having a boy or a girl.

The craft room is almost cleared out and I'll have to post the before and after photos. It's been a process, lots of junk accumulated over the last few years and now we have been trying to find a spot for everything. Most of it did go in the trash but a lot of it fit perfectly in Makayla's room. We also moved the two bookshelves that were in there to the loft next to the computer. That fit Makayla's book overflow, board games and my craft magazines.

Still feeling good, my belly is growing bigger and I'm starting to feel the little flutters which will eventually turn into kicks.

No comments:

Post a Comment